- Earl Nightingale - (US motivational writer and author, 1921-1989)
My holiday gift to myself was to take the images and words I had found and create a collage. The idea is that this will help me to visualize my goals. As a wise person once said: "If you don't know where you are going, how will you know when you get there?" Lewis Carroll said something similar: "If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there" I feel sometimes I am wandering aimlessly, so this exercise helped me to see where it is I want to go.
Here is the picture of my treasure map. I must say it is not the piece of art that I had imagined - but it is very me - an orderly presentation of ideas. I really need to let go of that structure and learn to be more creative - but that is for another post. There were some surprises for me in this exercise. In my next post, I will let you know some of the insights that I got from this exercise.

If you want to do this exercise yourself - here is a link to the blog post that I read that inspired me to give the exercise a try. This wasn't the first time I had read about the exercise. This was just the catalyst to get me to actually try it. The post has the detailed instructions, more information on the purpose of the exercise and what to do once you are finished. Treasure Map Instructions
No comments:
Post a Comment