- Denis Waitley
Prof. Robert Emmons is Professor of Psychology at UC Davis and has studied the impact of gratitude on mood for over 10 years. His research has 3 key findings:
- The practice of gratitude can increase happiness levels by around 25%.
- A few hours writing a gratitude journal over 3 weeks can create an effect that lasts 6 months if not more.
- Cultivating gratitude brings other health effects, such as longer and better quality sleep time.
Another study showed that writing a gratitude letter to someone who had a positive impact on your life and then finding that person and reading it to them, caused a 30% increase in your happiness. The increase lasted up to 3 days, with effects lasting up to 3 months. All this happened from one letter!
OK, I’m sold. I can write a letter. I can be more consciously grateful.
I am grateful for Prof. Robert Emmons’ research.
I am grateful for my winter break that gave me time to self-reflect.
Gratefully yours,
Bright Star Dreams
1 comment:
I totally agree! Bringing gratitude into the world by writing it down attracts more good experiences. We give thanks every night and it puts us into a positive state of mind for sleeping. Good stuff!
Post a Comment